ZUDA Yoga 101 WorkshopsBegin Your Yoga Practice with Confidence
Specifically designed for beginners, ZUDA 101 is a warm, safe environment where everyone else is new to yoga too. During this workshop, you are given a brief background of yoga, taken through the foundational postures one at a time, and receive alignment cues, emphasizing what is most important.
After teachers demonstrate a pose, you’ll have the opportunity to try it yourself while receiving immediate feedback and adjustments to help you. Your questions are encouraged and serve to help others in the class gain a deeper understanding.
Upon completion, you’ll be ready for any of our basics classes (try out the new student special: $30 for 30 days!), knowing how to have a safe and effective practice.
Specifics every ZUDA 101 Workshop covers:
- What yoga is and what makes ZUDA’s vinyasa style special.
- A full explanation of the breath we use, commonly called ujjayi.
- How to link your breath with movement as we move and flow from one pose to the next.
- Step-by-step guidance on the foundational postures and how to make modifications or adjustments to fit your needs and abilities.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Wear exercise clothing that allows for comfortable movement.
- Avoid eating at least 1 hour before.
- Bring water, towel and yoga mat. (Mat & towel rentals are available at the studio.)
Yoga 101 @ ZUDA Midtown
Tuesday, November 4
6:15pm - 8:15pm
Member Cost: $30
If you are a current student and YOU bring someone new to the Yoga 101 Workshop, YOU take the workshop for free!
You have a great energy at the studio; very welcoming to beginners.